PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Saturday, April 27th at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul (138 Tremont Street)
- “PB & J”: Youth Jamboree with the Presiding Bishop, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Join for pizza and special conversation program with Bishop Curry for middle and high school youth and their adult mentors. Register in advance here.
- Ministry Fair, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: The Cathedral Church of St. Paul will host community gathering space and a Ministry Fair showcasing the good work of ministry programs across the diocese.
- “Way of Love” Rally, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM in the Boston Common: Gather and be inspired, challenged and blessed as Bishop Curry proclaims the transforming power of walking the “Way of Love” with Jesus.
Sunday, April 28 at the Grace Church (133 School Street) in New Bedford
- “Our Episcopal ‘Big Tent’: How Big Is It?” 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM:: How well does the Episcopal Church measure up to its “big tent” ideal? This event features a panel discussion with Bishop Curry, Bishop Barbara C. Harris and House of Deputies Vice President Byron Rushing. Seating is first come, first served. Reception follows.
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
Service Project: Blessing Bags
- When? Friday, April 19, from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Where? Parkway United Methodist Church, 158 Blue Hills Parkway, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Join Courageous Conversations in a service project to assemble Blessing Bags. Each Blessing Bag contains personal care items for unhoused individuals. Click here to donate or RSVP.
Guest Speaker Byron Rushing
- When? Wednesday, April 24th, from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where? Milton Public Library, 476 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Formerly a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives, Byron Rushing will present on “51 Years After MLK Jr.’s Assassination: Commemorating A Man and the Movement.” Click here to RSVP.
- When? Wednesday, May 16th, from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Where? First Congregational Church, 495 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Please save the date. More information to follow.
- United Ways Boston is hosting a community baby shower for 200 mothers. Items requested are new or gently used baby clothes, maternity clothes, new educational toys, new children’s books (multilingual appreciated), and more Drop off donations at 453 Adams St. Church office T, W or Th 9:30 AM – 3 PM or in the donation barrel across the street at top of church steps. Donations accepted through April 9th.
- Sponsored by Milton Immigrant and Refugee Protection, as well as Milton for Peace, there will be a screening of the film Icebox at 7:00 PM, Sunday, April 7th at First Congregational Church located at 495 Canton Avenue, Milton, MA. This event will also feature guest speaker Christopher Escobedo Hart, an attorney whose practice includes representing immigrants. This event has a suggested donation of $5, but all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.