PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- Celebration for Diane D’Souza, Thursday, March 5th, 7:00 PM. Please join Bishop Gayle Harris and friends of Mission Institute to celebrate Diane D’ Souza. This event will be held at the church and there will be hors d’oeuvres, drink, fellowship, and opportunities to support the Mission Institute, that still continues to work in Diane’s honor
- Church service project: Please feel free to bring more hand warmers or other small winter items for the bin in back of the church: we’ll make a new round of blessing bags soon!
- Ash Wednesday: There will be a morning service (7:00 AM) and an evening service (7:00 PM) on Wednesday, February 26th.
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
- Monday, February 24th, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at Beth Israel Hospital, Nangeroni Education Center (199 Reedsdale Road,Milton, MA 02186). Come and join Courageous Conversations for a discussion social determinants of health such as cultural competency, trust concerns, housing access, immigration status, and language barriers. Due to the limited capacity only 60 seats are available. Advanced registration will be required. If interested please RSVP here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shrove Tuesday, February 25th, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM at St. Michael’s (112 Randolph Avenue, Milton, MA, 02186).There will be an informal service of burning palms for ashes at 5:00 PM, pancakes at 6:00 PM, and a talent show at 7:00 PM.
- Professional Clothing Donation: The Interfaith Social Services Career Closet seeks donations of professional clothing to help clients on the job market. They need in-style, current clothing for men and for women that is clean, neat, pressed, and ready to go. Please drop off at Interfaith’s office, 105 Adams Street in Quincy (across from the Adams Estate): 9-3 M-f and until 7 on Tuesdays.
- Fabric Donations: Please keep fabric out of landfills by donating any non-moldy used or torn fabrics or clothing to the fabric recycling bins on the parking lots of any Quincy Public School facility. They take shoes/purses/curtains/clothes. Contact Conevery if you want to hand off a bag at church. (PTOs at each school earn money for donations, too!)