- Interested in hosting Coffee Hour during the months of April or May? Sign up here! Two people can partner for a Coffee Hour Sunday, but if you prefer working alone, you may sign up for both slots.
- Interested in teaching Sunday school during the months of April or May? E-mail email@example.com
for available lesson plans prepared for you to teach according to your teaching style.
- Our Lenten series will be on Wednesdays from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM from March 13th to April 10th.
- Bible Study will return on Wed, May 1st from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM. The text is Exodus 2 – 6:27. Even if you cannot finish the entire text, please join us.
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry is visiting Boston! Join us for the following:
- “PB & J”: Youth Jamboree with the Presiding Bishop, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Join for pizza and special conversation program with Bishop Curry for middle and high school youth and their adult mentors. Register in advance here.
- Ministry Fair, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: The Cathedral Church of St. Paul will host community gathering space and a Ministry Fair showcasing the good work of ministry programs across the diocese.
- “Way of Love” Rally, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM in the Boston Common: Gather and be inspired, challenged and blessed as Bishop Curry proclaims the transforming power of walking the “Way of Love” with Jesus.
- “Our Episcopal ‘Big Tent’: How Big Is It?” 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM:: How well does the Episcopal Church measure up to its “big tent” ideal? This event features a panel discussion with Bishop Curry, Bishop Barbara C. Harris and House of Deputies Vice President Byron Rushing. Seating is first come, first served. Reception follows.
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
Service Project: Blessing Bags
- When? Friday, April 19, from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Where? Parkway United Methodist Church, 158 Blue Hills Parkway, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Join Courageous Conversations in a service project to assemble Blessing Bags. Each Blessing Bag contains personal care items for unhoused individuals. Click here to donate or RSVP.
Guest Speaker Byron Rushing
- When? Wednesday, April 24th, from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where? Milton Public Library, 476 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Formerly a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives, Byron Rushing will present on “51 Years After MLK Jr.’s Assassination: Commemorating A Man and the Movement.” Click here to RSVP.
- When? Wednesday, May 16th, from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Where? First Congregational Church, 495 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186
- Topic: Please save the date. More information to follow.
- United Ways Boston is hosting a community baby shower for 200 mothers. Items requested are new or gently used baby clothes, maternity clothes, new educational toys, new children’s books (multilingual appreciated), and more Drop off donations at 453 Adams St. Church office T, W or Th 9:30 AM – 3 PM or in the donation barrel across the street at top of church steps. Donations accepted through April 9th.
- Sponsored by Milton Immigrant and Refugee Protection, as well as Milton for Peace, there will be a screening of the film Icebox at 7:00 PM, Sunday, April 7th at First Congregational Church located at 495 Canton Avenue, Milton, MA. This event will also feature guest speaker Christopher Escobedo Hart, an attorney whose practice includes representing immigrants. This event has a suggested donation of $5, but all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.