PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- On Wednesday, November 28th, Bible Study will be held from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM. Please arrive with your Bible and complete reading Genesis 1 – 11:9. Even if you can’t finish the entire reading, we still welcome you to participate!
- Rev. Rachael, along with our delegates, Ann Hunt and Rebecca Fuller, were in attendance at the 233rd Annual Convention.
- Church of Our Saviour will host an informal conversation about ballot questions on this upcoming Sunday Coffee Hour, November 4th.
- Time: Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 4:00 pm. Location: First Parish UU, 535 Canton Avenue, Milton, MA : Our Volunteer of the Year is Conevery Bolton Valencius! Conevery works with the fabulous Girl Scouts of Troop 65472. She tells stories with kids at Sunday School and has served as Co-Warden of our parish. She is President of the Board of Directors of Ummeed Child Development Fund, supporting children with disabilities in Mumbai, India, and is on the Board of Directors of Boston Chinese Dance.
- Our goal this year is to give away $10,000 in grants to organizations that reflect the passion and work of COS parishoners and our shared local mission. If you are a parishoner that wishes to request a grant donation, please contact email@example.com to fill out the Outreach Request Form.
- On December 9th, Church of Our Saviour will have a Christmas Party from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- On December 24th, Church of Our Saviour will host Christmas Eve Service.
- In the aftermath of the attack at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburg, the Milton Interfaith Clergy Association invites, indeed calls, all in our community to gather in witness and solidarity with our Jewish neighbors on Saturday, November 3rd at 11:45 AM at Congregation Beth Shalom of the Blue Hills.
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
- Save the Date: Film Screening and Discussion of a Tim Wise documentary on Tuesday, December 11th, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 112 Randolph Ave, Milton, MA 02186. To RSVP, please click this link.
- Tuesday, January 1st, 2019, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Church of Our Saviour, 453 Adams St, Milton, MA 02186. New Year Drumming Circle. You are invited to join the New Year Drumming Circle. There will be a potluck meal.
- Monday, January 21st, 2019 from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Concord Baptist Church, 180 Blue Hill Avenue, Milton, Massachusetts 02186, Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration. Milton Interfaith Clergy Association invites you to participate in the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration.
- Middle School Retreat begins on Friday, Nov 16, 2018, 7:00 PM and will end on Sun, Nov 18, 2018, 12:30 PM, located at Barbara C. Harris Camp. Come enjoy the midwinter beauty at the Barbara C. Harris Camp, and meet young people and adults from all over the diocese! We will have small group workshops, indoor and outdoor games, worship that gets you both moving and thinking, a live band, and above all, time away from the stress of everyday life, so that we can pay a little more attention to the Spirit of God!