PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- Blessing of the Animals: On Sunday, October 7th, to reflect on the kind deeds of St. Francis of Assisi, you are welcome to bring your pets, pictures of animals, or stuffed animals to be blessed.
- On Sunday, October 21st, MaryAnn, Ann, and Monique will provide the sermon. Their sermon will be related to healthcare. During Coffee Hour, our guest will be Susan MacIsaac, RN, MSN, from the Declaring Directives Initiative as she presents the importance of declaring a health care proxy.
- Girl Scout Troop 65472 will be hosting their annual Juliette Gordon Low Coffee Hour on October 28th , to honor the founder of Girl Scouts, thank the parish for hosting the Troop, and introduce themselves and their recent projects.
- Church of Our Saviour will host an informal conversation about ballot questions on this upcoming Sunday Coffee Hour, November 4th.
- Our goal this year is to give away $10,000 in grants to organizations that reflect the passion and work of COS parishoners and our shared local mission. If you are a parishoner that wishes to request a grant donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to fill out the Outreach Request Form.
- In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, DOVE is holding three vigils in remembrance of those who lost their lives in incidents of domestic violence in Massachusetts this year. Vigils are free and open to the public. We hope you will join us to honor those lost and to show support for those who are currently struggling in abusive relationships. Date: Thursday, October 25th at 6:00 PM Location: Parkway United Methodist Church – Fellowship Hall, 158 Blue Hills Parkway, Milton, MA 02186
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
- Monday, November 19th, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Milton High School (25 Gile Rd., Milton). Conversation with Debby Irving, the author of Waking Up White. Order here for a copy of her book. To RSVP, please click this link
- Save the Date: Film Screening and Discussion of a Tim Wise documentary on Tuesday, December 11th, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 112 Randolph Ave, Milton, MA 02186. To RSVP, please click this link.
- Tuesday, January 1st, 2019, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Church of Our Saviour, 453 Adams St, Milton, MA 02186. New Year Drumming Circle. You are invited to join the New Year Drumming Circle. There will be a potluck meal.
- Monday, January 21st, 2019 from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Concord Baptist Church, 180 Blue Hill Avenue, Milton, Massachusetts 02186, Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration. Milton Interfaith Clergy Association invites you to participate in the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration.
- The 233rd Annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of MA is Saturday, November 3rd. The following topics will be addressed: The Church’s Response to the Opiod Crisis The Use of Fair Trade Coffee at All Church Events, Supporting Gender Identity Antidiscrimination Laws in Massachusetts, Planting a Paris Grove: A Resolution in Support of Creation Care Seeking, and Immigrant Justice through Accompaniment, Advocacy and Direct Action
- Middle School Retreat begins on Friday, Nov 16, 2018, 7:00 PM and will end on Sun, Nov 18, 2018, 12:30 PM, located at Barbara C. Harris Camp. Come enjoy the midwinter beauty at the Barbara C. Harris Camp, and meet young people and adults from all over the diocese! We will have small group workshops, indoor and outdoor games, worship that gets you both moving and thinking, a live band, and above all, time away from the stress of everyday life, so that we can pay a little more attention to the Spirit of God!