PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- Please join us for our Welcome Back Sunday Cookout! Since this is a potluck lunch, please bring food to share. This is also our new Life Together Fellow’s first day with us.
- This Middle School Retreat begins on Fri, Nov 16, 2018, 7:00 PM and will end on Sun, Nov 18, 2018, 12:30 PM, located at Barbara C. Harris Camp. Come enjoy the midwinter beauty at the Barbara C. Harris Camp, and meet young people and adults from all over the diocese!
- Please join on Sunday, Sept. 23rd after Sunday worship for Acolyte Training!
- MMNC – Our Neponset Community Celebration: On Saturday, September 29th, please join the MMNC at the Our Neponset Community Celebration from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM. This event is located at the Neponset Greetway, between Mattapan Square and Central Avenue at the Harvest Bridge and Ryan Playground. The rain date is Saturday, October 6th from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- On Sunday, Sept 30th from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Celebrate Milton will feature local businesses, non-profit organizations, musical entertainment, bounce houses for the kids, and great food!
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
- Thursday, September 6th, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Church of Christ, 330 Edge Hill Rd., Milton. Bystander Intervention Training. This is a deeper exploration of taking constructive action toward everyday bigotry, public harassment, and obliviousness.
- Saturday, October 13th, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, First Parish Milton (535 Canton Ave, Milton). Workshop with artist, activist and musician, Soyinka Rahim, on articulating our journey with race and racism through story telling, music and user friendly embodiment exercises. To RSVP, please click this link.
- Monday, November 19th, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Milton High School (25 Gile Rd., Milton). Conversation with Debby Irving, the author of Waking Up White. Order here for a copy of her book. To RSVP, please click this link
- Next Diocesan Council meeting is Saturday, Sept. 8th at Trinity Church in Concord
- Registration is open for Middle School Retreat: Nov. 16-18 at Barbara C. Harris Camp and Conference Center
- Diocesan community to celebrate new ministry and installation of ninth cathedral dean Amy McCreath: Sept. 29