PARISH NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- End Gun Violence: B-PEACE offers bus transportation from Boston to Springfield so that on Sept. 14th, 4:00 PM, all may gather in a public witness outside the corporate headquarters of Smith & Wesson (2100 Roosevelt Avenue) in Springfield to protest gun violence. Register in advance here.
- Resource Day is Sept. 28th, 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM, at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul. Participants can build new connections across various ministries and congregations within the diocese.
- Registration open for Middle School Retreat: Nov. 15-17 at Barbara C. Harris Camp and Conference Center. Scholarship support is available. Register here.
- St. Francis Day, Oct. 6th: On St. Francis Day, you may bring your patient pets, stuffed animals and/or pet pictures to receive a blessing from Rev. Rachael. Cats, dogs, ferrets– come one and come all to church!
- Bishop Visit, Oct. 20th: Join us as we welcome Bishop Alan Gates, who will visit our parish to have a conversation with all parishioners during Coffee Hour.
For the full Diocesan Sept. news, click here.
COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS TOWARDS RACIAL JUSTICE NEWS
- Tuesday, September 17th from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church (112 Randolph Ave, Milton, MA 02186). The Roots and Fruits of Protest Music from Negro Spirituals to Hip-Hop Directed by: Dr. Dennis Slaughter, PhD. Brother Dennis will explain the history of protest songs and how they have been used in America through presentation and music. Join us in an interactive evening where members of the audience are invited to listen to and participate in protest songs.
- Monday, October 14th from 9:30 am – 11:30 PM at First Parish in Milton. There will be a volunteer project of the Blessing Bags by Courageous Conversations Towards Racial Justice. To RSVP, please click here.
- On Thurs, Oct. 3rd, from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM, join Milton Change Makers in their fundraiser event: Protest and Change through Music, Story, and Song. There will be food, drink, a raffle, entertainment, and more. This event is located at the Milton Arts Center (334 Edge Hill Road, Milton, MA 02186.)
- The Milton High Earth Club is organizing a Youth Led Climate Strike Action on Fri, Sept. 27 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM at the Milton High School and Town Green and Gazebo Plans. Bring signs! Bring friends and family!